Duties for Guides
Ghosts of New Haven seeks people willing to be trained as guides to do ghost/spirit walks of New Haven. Previous experience as a guide, in acting, sales and other public speaking experiences are additional pluses. If accepted, you will be trained, observed before doing a tour public, and then hired. You will be asked to signed a non-compete agreement as a requirement of employment.
Nature of the Business
You will be expected to do a 90 minute tour approximately a mile in length one or two times per night. Our tours are scheduled for every Saturday at 7:30 PM and depending upon seasonable demand at other days and other times. We also give private tours at the convenience of the customers.
Your job as a walking tour guide is to be an informative, an entertaining and even an educational interpreter of the supernatural that makes the ghosts of New Haven come hauntingly alive.
- You must speak well. No monotone voice.
- You must be an entertaining story teller. Satisfied customers spread the word and return; bored customers donít return and discourage others from signing up
- Any experience as a guide, actor or sales person will be an added virtue. .
- You must possess a great imagination and be creative.
- Be flexible in dealing with the unexpected.
- Have the physical endurance to walk at a steady pace that leaves no one behind. The walks are about a mile to be done in an about 1½ hours.
- Walking tours take place in New Haven so some familiarity of the city is required.
- Punctual and reliable. If you arrive late to a tour or do not arrive at all, it could result in the cancellation of that tour and would hurt us as a whole.
You will be paid per tour plus you keep all tips.
Please e-mail us your resume and other information to email@example.com. Please use either Microsoft Word or PDF format.